Sign in to follow this  

My MCCT

Had an extra laying around the shop so gave it to a friend with the proper tools and this is the result. Im hoping its not going to be too short.

What do you think?

MCCT004.jpg

MCCT003.jpg

MCCT002.jpg

It's definitely shorter than the stock one, but if you have a new or good cam chain like you said maybe it won't be too short. Good luck with it.:busted:

Im also wondering if I need a new gasket before I do the install???

Yes, the paper one is not reuseable

Thanks. Got one ordered and on the way.:busted:

Im also wondering if I need a new gasket before I do the install???

I reused mine and it lasted about 4 months and then started to slowly leak and then all hell broke loose. Good decision to buy a new one.

I ordered a ThumperTalk MCCT, with the o-ring, but I guess there on Backorder.

I reused mine and it lasted about 4 months and then started to slowly leak and then all hell broke loose. Good decision to buy a new one.

I ordered a ThumperTalk MCCT, with the o-ring, but I guess there on Backorder.

that size of tensioner would look a lot neater on the stroker motors with a spacer plate

I ordered 2 gaskets. Just in case it doesnt work. My main concern is if the adjusting bolt is too short.

Add a 5mm stroker crank, cylinder spacer from SSW, new cam chain and a standard 94mm 3 ring piston.. You dont even need a MCCT.....LOL,, the chain is already tight.

Maybe someday I'll have enough spare change to just buy a cooler and send it away! :busted::busted:

It should go in about 1 7/16 of an inch for a new chain and then more as the chain stretches.

Picture269.jpg

It should go in about 1 7/16 of an inch for a new chain and then more as the chain stretches.

Thanks toadl..... Looks like mine should work:thumbsup:

New gasket came in today and everything worked out fine. I plan on making a new MCCT out of the ACCT I took off the bike. The new one will have more of a shoulder where the locknut seats to clear the hex head cap screws a little more. Also I dont really like the knurled end as it was difficult to hold and keep from moving when tightening the locknut.

P1090814.jpg