Sign in to follow this  

what cdi= better top end?

I'd like to open up the top end on my bike so maybe it will actually pull further into the revs, i think a cdi would be a good start but which one? I like to stay a affordable as possible, thanks

also while im thinking of it, i was told i could buy a single stage 2 hotcam and see some extra pull up top, I cant remember if it was reccomended that i get the intake or exhaust? I think it was the intake but im not sure

Stock CDI cuts revs off at 13,500 due to physical limits with the piston and rings. If you defeat that so that it will rev higher, you can expect catastrophic failures which will result in parts coming thru the cases. Are you sure, REALLY SURE, you really want to do that?

if you wanna make that yammie run on top,you need to do a complete motor build,the stock ign works fine.the complete head and piston from gytr is a good start.along with a mi- top pipe.and you might also consider ditching the oil tank and lines.also the use of a oxygenated fuel with proper jetting does help out if you are running a race motor,just be preparred to keep up on piston changes,and the head should be cleaned and inspected around 20hrs.if your willing to put the work and money into your yammie,she will be sweet.peace and wheelies!!!

if you wanna make that yammie run on top,you need to do a complete motor build,the stock ign works fine.the complete head and piston from gytr is a good start.along with a mi- top pipe.and you might also consider ditching the oil tank and lines.also the use of a oxygenated fuel with proper jetting does help out if you are running a race motor,just be preparred to keep up on piston changes,and the head should be cleaned and inspected around 20hrs.if your willing to put the work and money into your yammie,she will be sweet.peace and wheelies!!!

The complete head from GYTR? Who are you, Bill Gates? Just email Jesse and he can tell you exactly what can be done and his prices are very affordable.

thanks for the replys, I'd love to get the gytr head assembly but i couldnt afford it...Im thinking just a set of cams will be a start, i'd just like to top to pull instead of make noise and rev

I think the motor is capable of good top end cause it seems to rev well and revs clean but it just doesnt pull well...hopefully a set of cams and the Msd ignition will do what im wanting, im not trying to make it run with a factory bike or anything just want it to pull good up top (or at least pull somewhat)

thanks again

my experience with these motors has beenquite extensive,and you just dont get much from a few simple mods.its goona cost alot to make run like the kawi or honda.it can be done,but it aint cheap.then once you do it,the reliability tends to suffer,and the service intervals come way to soon.hopefully the yammie will get a good 4valve head,fuel inj,and some more revs.and still keep their awesome reliability.