Sign in to follow this  

Hot start killing motor

I'm looking at buying a 07 crf450r from a friend of mine, but when i try to start it when it's hot using the hot start, it kills the motor. Is this a valve issue or carb issue??? Thoughts??? Thank you.

if your starting the motor, hot or cold, the motor is already "dead".. so how is it killing the motor?

if your starting the motor, hot or cold, the motor is already "dead".. so how is it killing the motor?

LOL i meant, when it's running and pull the hot start in, it kills the motor. And while your trying to start it with the hot start pulled, the motor won't fire up whatsoever.

LOL i meant, when it's running and pull the hot start in, it kills the motor. And while your trying to start it with the hot start pulled, the motor won't fire up whatsoever.

it is leaning the bike out something fierce if you pull it and the bike is running.. so don't do that :busted: It should continue to run though, usually just a higher rpm due to the lean condition ...

you don't always need it, even if the motor is hot. How does it start without it?

Y are you pulling the hotstart while its running? Once completely hot. And not running kick it once or twice without throttle or the hot start. If it starts fine! If not then try using the hot start to start it?