Sign in to follow this  

Threading the Needle

This is not me riding. It's my 6' 6" tall friend Sam. I stuck my gopro on his lid yesterday and I think it really shows how reckless he rides. I'm always telling him to chill, but he won't listen. What should I do?

This is a 14 min video. He threads the needle at 5:00 min and nearly goes over the bars at 8:50 you can also see him cutting people off etc throughout.

Milestone vet track.

eeesh. no need for him to be jumping through those guys like that. that could have gotten ugly really quick

that part at 5 min was a little dumb imo. doing stuff like that in a race is one thing but i never pull moves like that around younger inexperienced riders. They'll change lines at the weirdest times thinking they have to get out of your way.

Nothing you can do. He's probably not going to stop until he lands on a kid.

Tell him to move up a class, then he won't be going by people. Plus, he'll learn a thing or two...

Trust me, there are many more reckless people than him..

Tell him to move up a class, then he won't be going by people. Plus, he'll learn a thing or two...

O yeah , there really are. Just that one jump at 5 minutes was too risky for a practice day at the track

We all ride together at the same time out west.

No kidding huh? lol!!!

just a little bit. the only advice i have for him is watch out for the little ones. which, looks like he did. hope he didnt roost the little guy too hard :busted:

he looks smooth and in control but...little agressive/comfortable around other riders! I don't trust other riders that I don't know to not do something stupid. it's one thing if it's your buddies you ride with all the time and you can kinda read what they will do but strangers at the track is like flipping a coin.

Jumping between those dudes during a race would be totally fine IMO, but doing that shit at a practice day is a quick way to get yourself, or someone else hurt. I think I would've had words with your buddy if he pulled a move like that on me while I'm out goofing around.

I also agree that there's nothing you can do to help him. He's gonna keep riding like this until he crashes his brains out. Hopefully he wont do it in between a couple kids on 80s.

Looks to me like most all passes were good pass' and not a cut off, in control most all the time and the only little thing I would say watch is the splitting part, other than that everyone out there is on a race track, playing or goofing you have to still remember you are on a track. People have to practice that's why you go there, and I give props to the little guy keeping him at bay and keeping up for a minute or so. Good for him.

time to move up to the main track before he become a vet track hero. It wasn't that sketchy, but a lot of people ride the vet track because they don't like riding that close to people.

time to move up to the main track before he become a vet track hero. It wasn't that sketchy, but a lot of people ride the vet track because they don't like riding that close to people.

I've gone off that back jump many times next to someone but he was really close to that girl on the right. The wide angle of the gopro makes it look better than it was...

Last time Sam rode the main track he got hurt on one of the doubles. I don't go over there much either because I don't want to increase my odds of an ambulance ride.

He just read this thread and chuckled some. Maybe he'll post up...

He's not the first guy that committed to a jump just to have the guy in front check up on him. He may have anticipated that but it seems he had it under control. The question is, would he do that again in the same situation. Guessing from his laugh.............. He probably will!