Sign in to follow this  

Vor 530 timing cover refitting

I recently got hold of a 530 vor for a project, i would like 2 know is there a certain technique 2 refit the timing cover, seems an awkward bugger to fit! I tried lightly tapping it on square but having trouble locating all 3 pillers at the same time. Any suggestions?

Just try and line it up, tap the top, bottom, left side, right side... gently, it will eventually find its way home... Then screw it on, torque the bolts (they like to strip!), rock and roll!

cheers man, got it on anyway, bit of a bastard to fit, 1st time i tried it it wasnt goin on square the i prised it off again and noticed there was a few tiny shavings of the alloy where the timing gear pillers locate. another thing, does the cam bearing need to be fitted in the timing cover 1st? when i pulled the cover off again the bearing was stuck on the cam gear. hope the rest of the lump isnt as bloody akward. where would i find a wiring diagram?

The bearing I usually just put on the cam not on the cover... It has been some time since I had the cover off.

for a wiring diagram you will want to get your hands on a owners manual.... There are some floating around on the internet. If you give me your email I can send you one for the 2002 EN/Cross 530/450/400

Id like to know where id get a piston, rings, valve stem oil seals, apparently nissan skyline stem seals are the right size + better quality than the vor items. Any truth in that?