Sign in to follow this  

How to drain gas from a TT-R 125l PLEASE HELP!

Hello, I am storing my dirt bike for the winter and it will be my 2nd year storing it. I am 14 and last year i left all the gas and everything in my bike... in the spring it would not start and by summer its carburetor was extremely dirty or clogged (not sure how to explain) so this year i would love to learn how to store it properly. If anyone knows how to drain gas correctly from it I would love to hear how! Does sta-bil help at all either?

Stabil works. I just add the proper amount of stabil to the gas tank, let the bike run for awhile, then shut the fuel cock off and let the bike run the carb out of fuel until it dies. All done. I then move on to the rest of the winter weatherization process. That is if I wasn't planning on riding for a few months which is never the case! :busted:

You can use Stabil but it's just easier, safer, better to drain the tank.

1. Turn petcock off.

2. Remove fuel hose from the carb and put it into a fuel can or other storage container.

3. Turn petcock on and watch the container fill with fuel.

Now the tank is drained you need to get rid of the fuel in your carb. With petcock off start the bike and run it till it usese all the gas that's in the carb or On the bottom of the carb on the bottom of the float bowl you should see a screw with a hose next to it that drains towards the ground. Loosen the screw and fuel should come out of the hose and that's how you drain most of the fuel out of the carb.

Before draining the fuel you might want to run some Stabil or Seafoam thru your system so that any residual fuel left in your system does not clog up your jets.

I open my carb drain bolt and let my carb drain,then i take my tank off and drain it completely<<<about a 10 minute job<<<<

If you can start it and run it once a month during the winter, it will stay unplugged.

An option, but make sure to add stabil and let the engine run a bit to get the stabil drawn into the carb or the gas will go bad, and you'll be draining it from the carb and tank in the spring. I try not to leave the same gas in any of my bikes without stabil for more then a month.

in plastic cans (like the tank) your gas goes sour quicker, honestly if you really wanted to winterize it, run it completely out of gas (run some seafoam in that tank) and run it dry... make sure you drain the carb bowl too! and maybe change oil in it, but i wouldn't worry as much about that. maybe if it's storing all winter put it on a crate or something to stay off the forks it's supposed to be hard on it (plus the 125's forkseals blow out super easy..)

stabil in the tank run it around the block 2 or 3 times then drain the carb. or buy some ice tires for it and run it all year, thats my plan this year. there's a set on mnsbr with wheels and wraps for $400, hell of a deal.