Sign in to follow this  

The Curse of the Suzuki Gearbox Strikes Again (250)

Ok ,, today my gearbox gave up on my 06 250 , first of all I thought that some teeth were mishing from the front sprocket ,thats what it felt like , but it only did it in 3rd gear . Then i realized the gearbox was toast .I'm going to split the engine myself , what do you think i will need to replace ?

Edited by wato

if youre splitting the cases, might as well do it all. i never half ass anything when doing a full teardown, saves me the headache later. do it right, do it once.

if youre splitting the cases, might as well do it all. i never half ass anything when doing a full teardown, saves me the headache later. do it right, do it once.

+1 on doing it once. If it wasn't done before, I would rebuild it completely. Crank bearings, rod and bearings, piston, and whatever the tranny needs.

See if you can get a DRZ semi-wide trans and let us know if it will work; rumor has it that it will as Team Suzuki did so in the early 2000s.

My motor from my 06 is in the shop for the same thing. Tranny is toast. I'm getting everything replaced so I don't have to worry about it.

Did my tranny twice....... becuase I cheaped out on the bushings washers and most importantly the C-clips. The c-clips are a one time use item like a gasket.

yep any time the tranny is out i usually replac every bushing, washer, c clip and most of the time i replace 2nd and 3rd gear, and forks if necessary.