Sign in to follow this  

wiseco piston has 29.9 hours on it

Depends on what it looks like and what the cylinder looks like. Are you having problems or just replacing the rings as scheduled/preventative maintenance? If it was my broke ass and the piston and jug looked good then yeah just rings.

Depends on what it looks like and what the cylinder looks like. Are you having problems or just replacing the rings as scheduled/preventative maintenance? If it was my broke ass and the piston and jug looked good then yeah just rings.

everything looks great. bike was burning a lot of oil on start up so im gonna have the valve stem seals replaced. Didnt know how many hours wiseco pistons are good for.

i have 47 hours on my stock piston and plan to put new rings in it at 60 hours with every thing going ok. but if there is wear i will replace the piston aswell

Do a leak down test that will tell you if rings or valve seals are bad. Sometimes you can hear their escaping and that could help you determine from where

you better take a good look at the piston pin,i have seen them fail on the wiseco hi-comp pistons,and totally destoy the motor.i personally would not use a wiseco cause i have seen to many of them fail.there are just to many other good pistons on the market.

you better take a good look at the piston pin,i have seen them fail on the wiseco hi-comp pistons,and totally destoy the motor.i personally would not use a wiseco cause i have seen to many of them fail.there are just to many other good pistons on the market.

im running stock comp piston. in the spring im gonna buy a new 450 and i think im gonna run nothing but oem pistons in it.

Such as?