Sachs Shock, Problem with disassembling

Servus!

I have a hard time to remove the bladder unit of a Sachs damper out of a older Husqvarna (I guess modelyear around 2000/adjuster at the top of the N2 reservoir).

Nitrogen is released, valve is removed.

The shock seems like it hasnt been serviced for a loooooong time.

I tried the methode of using a socket and a hammer, but the cap wasnt moving a single mm. I tried it a lot and I tried it hard...

Adjusters are both fully open.

Damper cant be compressed easily or in better words:

I can compress it 1,5 cm and it blocks after that.

So what is the problem?!

thanks!

can you apply some force via a "schraubzwinge" to the bladder cap? I use a socket between the "zwinge" (spanner?) and the cap...

Ah, I wasnt this clever!

I tried to build some kind of press but havent found proper material for it.

I'll go and test it immediately!

Bam!:busted:

Thanks again for helping!:busted:

thanks for beeing open to the experience I have or hours of thinking about the behaviour of several functionalities I made - as opposed to more than 50% here and on other boards, that spend about 3 seconds only to post "no (, I can't follow you so it must be wrong) "...

I regard every suspension tuner here for their experinence. I'm no tuner and didn't want to be one for some reasons. but I am interested in the function and theory of modern suspension and I really think of most of the basic functions and I am also able to do some dyno tests which do often enlight me, sometimes confirm my thoughts....

my job is to doing measurements on machines with linkages 4 times more difficult than motorcycle linkages, also hydraulics (sometimes it's vice versa, I learn from suspension like recently, a MV won't work with a BV - so if you want to decelerate an inertia, it doesn't suffice to close the pressure side of the valve, it also needs to decrease the low pressure side of the system for cavitation/vacuum build up reasons...)

Edited by kawamaha