Sign in to follow this  

williams motorwerx ride report

Just wanted to give Jesse at Williams Motorwerx a big shout,

In the UK we have many tuners who offer packages, porting etc etc, tried quite a few and although you usually see a difference, it does not seem like the bang matches the buck! so we went stateside and as all i have heard about williams motorwerx was good i dropped him a mail.

I dealt directly with Jesse who was imformative, friendly and to me...knew his stuff!

i sent over the engine - 2012 KXF250, and i recieved a mail saying he had recieved it, and would make a start asap. He kept in touch throughout the build, offering options and advice.

we went for his porting, Berylium valve seats, dimpled valves and motorwerx cam, remap and throttle body mods.

a week later the motor landed back- bolted in and fired to life after a few kicks.

Mated to a pro-circuit Ti-5R, twin air powerflow kit the bike was quiet, but when revved seemed very deep - 450 deep!

today we ran it in, and then gave it a session on a very wet and deep sand track, having rode a tuned crf450 while the kawi engne was away he came back and said it was good, but was hard to tell how good, so we fired him out on a 2012 CRF250 with a yoshi pipe on, then swopped over trackside to the motorwerx kawi, after 1 lap he came in all smiles and said " shit,that honda's like a 65 - this things amazing!"

listening to it trackside, theres no bog, pulls from low down through the corners and hauls down the straight!

all i can say is thanks Jesse and money WELL spent!

id recommend Williams Motorwerx for a first class service and tuning that for a change just pure works!

top job. :busted:

mark.

good to hear it from you!

One and half year ago I sent him also new complete head and carb for complete rebuild what he offered. And I received back the worse bike than stock! I was forced to buy a new head!

Maybe I had not so much luck :-)

Pavouck, I do remember you and tried to work with you. That was when 09's first came out.. the new head design. I had a head that worked great on dyno but out in the field it was a little soft.

I tried to help you, as I knew what was wrong. remember, you said your rider loved the carb and cams.

It was an unfortunate incident I tried to fix, but you didn't want to try what I suggested.

I will gladly port another head for you on a bike of your choice (one that we can agree upon) for free.

I will gladly port another head for you on a bike of your choice (one that we can agree upon) for free.

That sounds like a reputable builder to me.

Pavouck, I do remember you and tried to work with you. That was when 09's first came out.. the new head design. I had a head that worked great on dyno but out in the field it was a little soft.

I tried to help you, as I knew what was wrong. remember, you said your rider loved the carb and cams.

It was an unfortunate incident I tried to fix, but you didn't want to try what I suggested.

My tip of the cap to you sir. This is the kind of guy you want doing your stuff. Good on ya brother!!

Jesse, I sent you new complete head and carb for KX250F 2010. The head is approximately 500 USD. I paid to you 1290 USD for your package. And after I received it back, I was forced to buy a new head (500 USD). Plus I paid very much for postage. It was more than 2290 USD!!

The carb and cams was very good!!! But the head was very bad (you saw the photos!!) and my serious offer was that you will send me back only 550 for head porting! And I received no answer from you…..

But thank you for your offer! If you are so serious, send me a new head with porting (KX250F 2012), I will do the dyno test and if I get what you present I will gladly pay complete price (head + porting + postage)!!

Jesse, I sent you new complete head and carb for KX250F 2010. The head is approximately 500 USD. I paid to you 1290 USD for your package. And after I received it back, I was forced to buy a new head (500 USD). Plus I paid very much for postage. It was more than 2290 USD!!

The carb and cams was very good!!! But the head was very bad (you saw the photos!!) and my serious offer was that you will send me back only 550 for head porting! And I received no answer from you…..

But thank you for your offer! If you are so serious, send me a new head with porting (KX250F 2012), I will do the dyno test and if I get what you present I will gladly pay complete price (head + porting + postage)!!

all i can say is the 2012 that jesse has just done for us does everything he said it would, the combination of porting, cam and mapping along with the throttle bod bits etc not to mention his valves just.....works, it rips right off the bottom and doesnt stop till the limitter.

i have had a lot of engines done by various tuners - i was even offered it for free but i chose to pay, and chose jesse for the technology first off, but he dealt with me personally and always had time for my questions etc. very helpfull.

id reccomend williams motorwerx everytime.:busted:

Not really sure how his buissness operates , but 1thing is sure he must be in some serious struggles with his staff , surely he is knowledgeable , but that simply is not enough to get things done, his logistics are an absolute nightmare. Never use him if you re not in drivedistance to his shop.