Sign in to follow this  

Arai XD4 - Just Announced!

Looks like the Arai XD4 Helmet was just announced...

Arai just pulled back the curtain on their all new dual sport lid, the XD4 helmet. I know the XD3 was very popular, and to me looked like one of the best options for dual sport riders.

The new Arai XD-4 has a few upgrades...

Arai-XD4_dlr.jpg

From Arai:

• New comfort headliner, with micro fitting 5mm peel away temple pads

• Fully removable/replaceable/washable interior: Comfort head liner, Cheek pads, Chinstrap covers

• Dry-Cool technology keeps you dry and cool for greater comfort

• Patend pending, New FCS (facial contour support) cheek pad design, also with a 5mm peel away micro fit feature

• New shell shape for better aerodynamic stability at higher street speeds

• New exhaust ports added to the top diffuser vents

• New chin vent with more intake ports

• Larger sculpted side cowl vents improve ventilation

The Arai XD4 Helmet is going to have a few new color options, including the Hi-Viz XD-4. I think my favorite though is the Arai XD4 Explore graphic:

sdfbgvdf.jpg

I think for longer rides where you might be covering more pavement miles to get to the dirt, or for longer trips, the new XD-4 looks great. For pure off-road riding I'll probably stick to my dedicated dirt helmet. The faceshield is what really makes the biggest difference though - being able to get a good wind seal, then switching over to goggles when you need more airflow or a better dust seal for your eyes. The new Arai XD-4 looks like it has really good ventilation also, which is definitely important for slower going on more technical trails. I think the new XD4 helmet looks great - I can't wait to get my hands on one and try it on. I know the XD3 was super comfy.

These are already up on Competition Accessories website, check them out here:

Arai XD4 Solid Helmets

Arai XD4 Explore Helmets

Arai XD4 Hi-Viz Yellow Helmets