Sign in to follow this  

animal repellents

just bought a set of 2 animal repellents, often refered to as shoo roo's in australia. havnt fitted them to my bike yet. will do so later on today.

anyone use these? just wondering how effective they are.

I live in heavy deer country... I still see dented cars with the high freq. things on their bumpers... good luck. Riding at certain times of the day can be sketchy...

do you know where abouts he mounted them? i got to go for a quick spin to town and i will be fitting them when i get home.

I put them on all my cars, haven't hit a deer yet. Haven't mounted on my bike yet, almost hit deer the other morning on my way to work. Had to thread my way between the herd. Luckily I saw them soon enough.

Do you think they make Harley repellents? They seem to be slower and more unpredictable than deer on the road.

My family has had them mounted to everything we drive for decades. Still had about 3 vehicles totaled by deer.

Last time we found the friggen whistle stuck in the deers ear after we dragged the damned things head out of the trucks grill.

Personally I think they're snake oil...

maybe i should try the roo shoo to stop the kamikaze bush wallabies in my part of town

i just dont want any :busted:

yea thats why i got em. the wallabies here are in plague proportions and dart out everywhere.

i mounted mine and took bike for a ride to test them out. they definitely seem to work. the cows in the paddocks moved away as i approached, normally they just stand there and watch me go by.

Hit a deer on my streetbike on Tuesday. I don't recommend it.

The Zombies have been getting out of hand around here lately..:busted: And they're the Southern Redneck kind... Very aggresive and mean!:busted:

RUGER008-1.jpg

Yeah, I live in deer country too. The whistlers don't work on deer up here. My insurance company even told me. I have hit about 4 deer so far in my 05 cobalt ss. One actually got out of the way and i was so happy. Then the bastard turned around and headbutted my left headlight. I was going about 40 and it happened so quick. Maybe whistlers don't work because there suicidal? i don't know. If i get a deer to land on the top of my car i will have repainted my entire car.

they might not work on deer, but i can confirm that wallabies do not like the sound of them, and head bush soon as they hear me coming. only problem is if there is only bush on one side of the road and not the other. if wallabies are feeding on cleared side of road they run straight across road to get to bush on other side.