Sign in to follow this  

seth souter claims a leatt brace makes you slower

this boy named Seth Souter claims that he is much faster without a neck brace, which is why most of the top pros do NOT wear neck braces. here is his facebook, add him and ask how the neckbrace lowers lap times. we need to figure this one out! maybe the pros know something we dont…… :busted:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001376197766

the worst part about being a quad rider is having to tell your parents your gay.

my shop teacher said that to a kid the other day but it was about a skateboarder.

this seth kid is trolling:p

hah. I think it depends if you can get used ot it or not really... you know, seeing as deano dominated at the end of the season for lites to secure his championship a week early :busted:

i would bet $100 that this kid is the OP and wants 'friends' and 'likes'..homo

He just won't stop arguing with me and he honestly believes he is faster without it and that's why the pros don't wear it. He's my best friends little brother. It just cracks me up how a leatt can make you slower. This whole time I've been buying pipes, cams, suspension, clamps when all I needed to do was take my leatt off! Stupid me.

So one kid has determined that HE is slower while wearing a piece of safety equipment that he is not used to and probably doesn't know how to properly adjust, and by his individual experience, he has deduced that ALL riders are slower with a Leatt brace, hence the reason that pros don't wear them *coughBScough* ( http://www.racerxonline.com/2007/03/17/chad-reed-latest-pro-to-wear-the-leatt-brace ) . The kid is a genius!

:busted:

my shop teacher said that to a kid the other day but it was about a skateboarder.

p

Skateboarding is about as far from gay as you can get :busted:

Skating takes skill and means mandatory injuries, just like MX.

Now Quads, rollerbladers and boogie boarders on the other hand :busted:

im gonna take some lap times of me with and without my brace. gonna let you all know the decrease in times after i take my brace off

I'm going to take some lap times of me with and without my morning crap. Going to let you all know the decrease in times after I take a deuce.

I'm going to take some lap times of me with and without my morning crap. Going to let you all know the decrease in times after I take a deuce.

I expect you may be quicker before the deuce. I believe an unavoidable case of post deuce monkey butt would slow your times considerably.

the worst part about being a quad rider is having to tell your parents your gay.

got that on a tee shirt from faster minis

the only time its okay to ride a quad is when the mom is gone and you take her quad out and totally smash that thing and bring it back with bent wheels and axles and notchy shifting........ we arent allowed to ride the quad anymore......

What a stupid statement. I guess its possible for a certain person to be bothered enough by a piece of protective gear that it mucks with him so much he may actually turn a slower lap time. Top pros dont wear them? I dont know what pros this guy has been watching but all top level mx'ers wear them. RV,RD,CR,as well as all the top lites riders. I seriously doubt riders going for national championships would wear anything that resulted in a slower lap time. Personally I wear one & it dosent slow me down a bit. In fact it gives me a tad bit of extra confidence & translates to a bit of extra speed for me. Just my 2 cents.