Sign in to follow this  

kicker

there is nothing wrong with mine but honda discontinued the nuckle or kick boss. we put the crf motors in atvs. cause the dirtbike motor will put out alot more hp. but you need to make an 1 1/2 inck kicker extender so i get a shaft and a kick boss and weld them together. but i dont want to spend $75 for a crf kicker so i was hoping an old cr 250 kicker has the same boss and i could score one cheap on ebay or something.

I am not sure where you got the info that Honda discontinued it , but they are still available according to the OEM Parts Fiche , you did not specify year of your CRF450R motor , but Honda does not discontinue parts for NEWER models , they stop in about 1985 , so unless your motor is older than 1985 i cant see them not being available , and 450 motor started in 2002 (i know , i have one , and i can get any part that was made for that bike , including motor parts) , so there ya have it !

Use this link , look up the year of the bike/motor , and find the part , put a 1 in the box in front of the part and go to "Add To Cart" , it will then give you the part # , take that part # to your dealer or parts house and tell them to order that part # from Honda , and that is that !

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/wps/Honda_OEM/HondaDB.asp

Also , I replaced one on my 02 CRF450R , just last year , so i know they have them , they are about $45 , i believe the CRF450R ones are the same from 2002 to 2008 at least

the 02-05 crf450 kick nuckle is discontinued on every parts fiche and i called a dealer already honda wants u to buy the whole kicker but if that part is the same on the 06 models evenknow the number is different well that one is available and i will buy one of those but i dont know if there the same thing.28302-MEB-670 is the 02-05 part number that says discontinued everywhere

your site doesnt say its discontinued but they have it listed for the same price as the whole kicker so i will bet its going to tell me to buy the whole thing. lol nt worried about it i know enough salvage yards ill see what cheap vintage kicker used the same splines

Well that is definitely weird , because when i posted the link i looked at the 2002 kicker , and when i gave you the part # it said $46.99 , so they just changed it within the last day or so , so i would venture that the part supersedes to the 2005

A 2005 should fit , and i know when my friend broke his kick starter joint on his 07 , i loaned him mine (off my 02) and it bolted right on