Sign in to follow this  

'10 TE 310 Power UP/Power Down?

I just purchased a used/like new 2010 TE 300, it is mostly stock, power up was done at Husky dealer for previous owner.

My problem, I'm a slow trail rider who's coming from a small trail bike--is there a way to "UNPOWER" or return the bike to it's "unpowered" state as when new? During my second ride today, the bike's power is just too abrupt for my skills, unless I lug it/short shift the bike. I know it's not THAT FAST as dirt bikes go, but I am used to the linear, gentle power of unmodified trail bikes. My Husky backfires constantly, and seems to run on after shutting off the throttle, as if it the idle is set too high?

Any suggestions on easing the power band, can a non-dealer shop re-map it as it is before "power up"? I love the handling, turning ability, etc., but am not comfortable with abrupt for me power hit.

Thanks,

David

Tuned properly it should work for a trail bike. You'll need about 500 mi on the bike for it to run fairlly smooth. Find the dealer near you and get it tuned. There may be a Map option for that year that detunes a bit for slick conditions and that could be something you'd like.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en/find-dealer

Find a dealer

Re-install the 02 sensor and if that's not enough nuetering then re-install the throttle stop which will be sure to cut the power by at least 50%