Sign in to follow this  

Whats up with anti suzuki?

Im a Honda kinda guy but I have always been fond of suzuki bikes. It seems that the dirtbike community hates suzuki's while the street bike folks have nothing but praise for the GSXR. Why is suzuki so shunned in dirt circles? I have never owned a suzuki dirt bike but I have a burgman 400 suzuki scooter and its great. I have had it to 96 on the interstate and it gets 65 mpg. Never turned a screw on it except to clean filter and change oil and such. I did notice a couple of years ago when looking for a drz 400 sm that they didnt import a thing in 2009 I believe it was, for the dirt anyway. Is that the problem or has suzuki had problems with the dirt machines? Just wondering.

street bike folks have nothing but praise for the GSXR
dont know who you are talking to lol gsxr has a pretty bad rep in some street circle too.

for your original questions its not that they are hated just less popular, and the company is not know to pour millions into racing like some of the bigger more invested brands.

then again who really wants a yellow bike :busted:

i agree that they are simply less popular as the main reason for seeing less of them out there. but there also seems to be a reliability and quality of parts issue with them. i have not owned one since 84' but often hear other people (usually mechanics or tuners) talk about this part looks a little weak, or that part fails.

Suzukis have a problem with dropping into false neutral sometimes so that turns people off of them. I love then personally and wouldnt ride anything else (besides yz 125s and 250s)

I ride an RM250 that I bought brand new in 08 and it is far and away the worst quality bike I've owned. I rode only Hondas up until this bike and never had any of these issues with them. But I have got to say it is also the best handling bike I'ver ever ridden and also the most fun.

I love my RM-Z to death and its the best handleing and most reliable bike iv owned. But i definatly know what you mean. When i got it my buddys were like "oh...its a suzuki". Most of them ride KTM and one rides husaberg. But my one friend rode it once and completely switched sides. He rode it all weekend he loved it so much, while i rode his shiny new KTM 250SX.:busted:

Suzukis have a problem with dropping into false neutral sometimes

They sure do. My one and only complaint about them. Iv heard they fixed that problem though.

yeah i have never heard anything bad about a suzuki, but i do hear a ton a stuff about how unreliable the honda's are, from the 450's dumping gas into the crankcase (had a wounderful 09 that did that) to the new 250fs break cranks at 30 hours. You dont hear stuff like that about the suzuki's.

Yea it happens on my 09 450 but never had it happen on my '11 250

My 07 RM-Z 250 is terrible for it. I only really do it when im accelerating hard. It sucks while racing cuz you shift up, gas it and hit the limiter while your wheel just coasts:banghead: then, "click" your back in buisiness.:busted:

Suzukis aren't hated (or loved) any more than any other brand. Hell, at any given time right here on TT you can read threads where people hate KTM's, Hondas, Kawasakis, and Yamahas as well...

Some people just have an irrational sense of brand loyalty(Ford vs. Chevy is the worst). I don't care what anyone rides cause I'm not buying it for them. Likewise, I don't care what they think of my bike.

i had a 05 rmz450 and a 07 rmz450, im done.....going green. Engines arent reliable. Im almost OCD like in my maintenance, oil changes, air filter cleaning, valve clearance, fluid checks, air pressure, chain tension...and i had both of them blow top and bottom end. $1800 repair, doing my own labor. not to mention that im not even a very fast rider, i dont rev to the moon but dont lug like a snail.

hello 2012 kx450f