Sign in to follow this  

Knee locking up AFTER ACL surgery

I had ACL reconstruction and a meniscus repair on Oct 12 and everything was going awesome. I was off the crutches in a couple of days and I regained 90% ROM within a week. I have been working on regaining strength.

I was doing my stretches that my PT gave me and all of a sudden my knee locked up like it used to before the surgery.

I am afraid that I have torn some meniscus again or something has let go.

I have an appt for Nov 24th with the surgeon. Should I call on Monday and try to get in sooner?

Is there any chance that I have NOT done damage to my repaired knee?

I concur with DRMArk...get in to see your Ortho surgeon asap. I tore both of my minucus a few years apart and I no longer (after surgery) have had any "locking" problems. I would ASSUME That a part of the minicus has torn, or they missed removing a part during surgery.:busted: Socialized medical...gotta love it

Edited by yamaduner

Just curious, how long did it take you to get the original surgery? Based on the up coming decision of our Supreme Court, we may be heading in the same direction as Canada for our health care...I've heard stories of waiting 4-6 months just for a MRI in Canada. Good luck with your knee.