Sign in to follow this  

Washington Chinook Pass Closed for the Season

Rode the Little Naches today 1" of snow in Ponderosa, about 3/4 of the way up 948 I hit 18" snow drifts where the trail crosses an open face otherwise there was about 5" of snow.

Had a blast, I would like to ride LN next weekend but with the storms predicted I think it will be snowed out.

DOT decided to close Chinook Pass today.

Were you riding a black KTM?

I saw one at the staging area for 948, I was with a group of jeeps heading up the road towards Kaner.

It's slick out there!

That was me, did you guys make it to the top of Kaner. When I saw you pass I thinking I miss my Jeep. It would have fit in perfect with that group. Did you Have fun?

Do you know what happened to the Grand Cherokee that rolled and had a bowling ball sized hole in the wind shield.

That was me, did you guys make it to the top of Kaner. When I saw you pass I thinking I miss my Jeep. It would have fit in perfect with that group. Did you Have fun?

Do you know what happened to the Grand Cherokee that rolled and had a bowling ball sized hole in the wind shield.

Yup, good times. We skipped some of the lower Kaner to try to get into some better conditions higher up. We jumped into the trail a bit below Lilly pond and took it to the end (intersection with Manastash). We backtracked from there and things were dicey at times.... not enough snow, what was there turned to ice real quick.

Not sure what happened with the Grand Cherokee, heard about several rollovers due to slick conditions.