2001 EXC 300 stalling. Flywheel?

I have the jetting sorted out and it seems to run fine, but it wants to stall when rolling at a slow speed as if it has a light flywheel. My KDX winds down slower and rarely stalls. Is it possible that the previous owner could of put on a lighter flywheel from a different bike (like an sx250)? Is it even possible?

Thanks.

Anything's possible but I would be very surprised if a lighter flywheel was fitted.

In 99% of cases it's a heavier flywheel that is wanted, so I would start looking elsewhere for the problem.

Sounds like your pilot circuit is not set-up correctly.

It's probably clutch drag. These ktm's seem to have a lot of it. What happens if you put the bike into first gear with the engine off and the clutch in and try to roll the bike? Does the back tire skid?

Another test is to slam on the back brake to skid the bike when in first or second gear with the clutch in. Does it stall?

bump the idle slightly, set it with clutch pulled, in gear

but yes, a FWW will help with stalling.

doubt the FW has been changed.

post a pic of it.

So I just unscrew the bolts on the right side case right? I know it is doubtful that it was changed but it feels similar to my old yz250. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

So I just unscrew the bolts on the right side case right? I know it is doubtful that it was changed but it feels similar to my old yz250. I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

yep, pretty simple.

there are only 3 FW's for the nonEstart bikes.

a look at a parts fiche will show the difference in them, 2k1, 2k2, and 2k3.