Sign in to follow this  

Oversize tank...

Looking at getting an Oversize tank... anybody have any idea what kinda range I can expect with a 3 gal?

I have a clarke 3.4 gallon on my 06 rm 250. I can run a 2 hr harescramble and still have gas to spare. I haven't had alot of seat time with the bigger tank to figure out my fuel range with it yet. It depends on what kinda riding you do.

I have an IMS 3.4 and i usually trail ride in the mountains and i think i can go around 80- 100 miles pretty easy. really depends on your riding but i've never had to worry about range all my buddies run out long before i do.

thanks guys. Im at a toss up between dumping some money into the RM or buying a new KTM 250xc... that 6 spd tranny is tempting.

I was the same way but about a new husaberg, but i decided to just put some money into my RM. electric start and a 6 speed is pretty tempting but instead i'm doing oversized brakes and a big bore kit.

Looking at getting an Oversize tank... anybody have any idea what kinda range I can expect with a 3 gal?

Where you at in Cali. I`ve got a big tank I`ve been thinking of letting go. PM for info if interested.