Sign in to follow this  

What's the best year for the XT225 and the XT250?

Just keeping options open. What's the best year beginning with 2008 to 2012 for the XT250? Same with the 225. Like the colorscheme on the 2005. Of the two - which is the better bike to own and ride all things considered - the 225 or 250?

Both of those models were changed either not at all (XT-250 from 2008) or very little (just details on the XT-225), so to me, it would depend on the condition/price being asked.

Nothing was changed that would make one model year better than another, unless the decals are a deal-breaker for you.

Dont know about the XT225, but as far as the XT250, from 2008 till 2012 the only differences are color schemes in the decals (black/blue/red) and for 2012 instead of a black front fender, its white, otherwise all the same.

i own a 2009 and its great.

Avantages of XT250--Disc rear brake, more torque.

Advantages of XT225--6 speed, std. skid plate, grease fittings in suspension linkage, Mikuni carb with many jets available.

Thank you for your responses. Where online has the best and cheapest parts if I were to go the route of the 225?

take your pic

bikebandit.com

cheapcycleparts.com

motorcycle-superstore.com

rockymountainatv.com

And, if you're so inclined, you're on a site with a fine store. Just go to the red link at the top of the page that says: parts store. (my recomendation)

Avantages of XT250--Disc rear brake, more torque.

Advantages of XT225--6 speed, std. skid plate, grease fittings in suspension linkage, Mikuni carb with many jets available.

You forgot one Glenn...

Advantages of XT225-- Larger aftermarket fuel tank....:busted:

Thank you for your responses. Where online has the best and cheapest parts if I were to go the route of the 225?

Depends on the parts you are wanting to get....:busted:

just watch on the xt225 as the earlier ones where only 5 speeds. i know my 1992 was and it was all origonal when i bought it (damn pink graphics).