Sign in to follow this  

Pilot jet update

After installing the "incorrect" 55 pilot the bike has never ran or idled so well. In fact the bike would not idle off choke well at all before the new jet. I also replaced the stator with a Ricky so maybe that has something to do with it? Anyway its idling and running bitchin.

IMAG0281.jpg

Interesting,,So what you're saying is the Kehin N424-22. Pilot jet you put in which is supposedly the incorrect Pilot for the bike works good,,Does it screw in and seat ok and everything??,,,ie no crossed threads etc..

Good news if we can simply use them in the twin carb XL/XR600/500/350/250,,

Interesting,,So what you're saying is the Kehin N424-22. Pilot jet you put in which is supposedly the incorrect Pilot for the bike works good,,Does it screw in and seat ok and everything??,,,ie no crossed threads etc..

Good news if we can simply use them in the twin carb XL/XR600/500/350/250,,

No of course I cross threaded the shit out of it then jb welded the hole so it wouldnt fall out:bonk:

When I get the factory jet next week Ill swap them out and also try the old jet to see if the jet was the problem or the stator.

I'd appreciate just a common sense answer..,Useless you posting if you don't assist with knowledge base associated with the bikes.,If something other than stock works I want to know about it so I can put the fact in my files,,I'ill wait till next week to get the real info then,,

I'd appreciate just a common sense answer..,Useless you posting if you don't assist with knowledge base associated with the bikes.,If something other than stock works I want to know about it so I can put the fact in my files,,I'ill wait till next week to get the real info then,,

ahh geez Horri I was joking. it seemed like common sense that I wouldnt cross thread it or run it if it didnt seat for that matter. As per my pilot screwup thread;

"Second time the shop sent me pilot jets and their still different. These fit but seat lower in the body. Is this a superseded design or just the wrong jet? Shiny one is the new obviously"

Extra sensitive today?:busted:

Yep...Bad hair day,,Just trying to establish facts as to what works and what doesn't..,Sorry about the bs,,

http://jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_dirt/honda_600_XL600R.html

Those above appear to be the same as the new supposed dud you got..,says XL600 so it must be right..,,Actually cancel that,,still not quite the same..Lot less holes on the end and slightly different thread position than a stock..

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Pilot_Jets_C72.cfm

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Pilot_Jet_N424-22_C82.cfm

http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/Keihin_Jet_Identificaiton_Char_W56.cfm

If it works,, fine,,we have more knowledge,,that's the name of my game.

Wiring up and getting the indis/head/tail/brake lights and switches working on my 89 bitzas adding to the 'bad hair"..Two loom changes,,two Stator changes..two switch arrangment changes,,rectifier/regulator hassles,,Should just take the thing to a shop but I hate being beaten by a wiring job..Been at the thing for weeks now and still things won't work how I want them or need them working so I can register it and run it on the road..Plain simple US XR600 dirt wirings no good to me..and the XL type setup is frustrating me to hell and back,,I need a wiring guru to visit me but none exist..,Bitza type situations frighten the heck out of anyone you find..all they want to know abouts "new or original" stuff so they can just refer to the manuals diagram..,I need better than that..

Edited by Horri

hey, here is some "related" info that might be useful to somebody...

I for one didnt know that XRL jets fit in an xr600...

I had a buddy who sent me some xrl mainjets and I was like crap...he said it works so I did it and put it in, guess what? works like a charm!

anywhoo

I thought that the length of the jet played a role...apparently not. Just the size of the hole...

wink wink:thumbsup:

cheers

Runs great, idles great, starts easy Im stoked. Now I just need to get some new signal lights and were good.

That figures, now im blowing headlights. :busted:

And before you say it, no I dont know anyone named headlights.

I blew about 3 bulbs till I figured what was up...

its vibration...

check your mounts...your h3 headlight shroud...connections...etc

either that or your voltage regulator is about to go...but thats odd on xr's

cheers

I blew about 3 bulbs till I figured what was up...

its vibration...

check your mounts...your h3 headlight shroud...connections...etc

either that or your voltage regulator is about to go...but thats odd on xr's

cheers

Just did, it didnt go above 14.6 but im not getting any voltage to the headlight. Kinda odd after replacing the stator.

That figures, now im blowing headlights. :busted:

Duh... Thats the problem.

Your doing it wrong, you're supposed to suck them. :busted:

The stator wasnt grounded correctly. Got the lights working but now the speedometer gearbox seems to be stripped. I cant wait till all this stuff is fixed and I can get to just riding. :busted: