What's your favourite riders accessory?

On TT there are stacks of threads on accessories for the bike, but what about ones for yourself? So many DRZs are used both on the road and trail and I like mine because I don't need to trailer it everywhere with a heap of extra gear to be able to go riding and exploring.

I thought it could be interesting to see what people reckon are their favourite accessories or riders tricks, ones that aren't really part of the bike. There must be heaps of cool ideas on this forum.

Starting off, one of the best things I bought were the little earphones that are "noise-isolating" and hook over the top of the ear, they work really well under the helmet and are much more entertaining than earplugs. They are Logitech UE300s. Also, now that I have a smartphone (catching up with the world) I took photos of the local topographic maps and can bring them up on my phone. It's nice to know the little road or trail I am following actually goes somewhere.

IMAG0151.jpg

This could be a really interesting and helpful thread! Thanks for starting it, TomonaDRZ.

I guess that my favorite accessory is my EVS Revo5 chest and back armor. It's light, can be worn inside or outside the jersey, and will acdept a neck brace if you want to go that route. Here's a link: http://evs-sports.com/product/chest-protection/revo-5/

Quote of the week! :busted:

Agreed!

Although I agree with Erik about the camel pak I found for log trips it killed my back. But I think I over fill the slam backpack with too much stuff so if soon became my least favorite item.

My favorites would have to be my homemade wind screen and homemade fuel tail rack. One keeps the wind off my shoulders and the other takes the weight off my back.

Plus the fuel rack can carry extra crap via straps

a855c384.jpg

Agreed!

Although I agree with Erik about the camel pak I found for log trips it killed my back. But I think I over fill the slam backpack with too much stuff so if soon became my least favorite item.

My favorites would have to be my homemade wind screen and homemade fuel tail rack. One keeps the wind off my shoulders and the other takes the weight off my back.

Plus the fuel rack can carry extra crap via straps

a855c384.jpg

I'd love to see better pics of both......

Also, I'm looking for a body armor "shirt" that is comfortable.....I wore my son's recently in Moab, and it saved me on my one and only tumble, but I'd like one that was a bit more comfortable. I think it was either a Thor or 661.

Hey 707DRZ, those are excellent mods! If you can, would you please shoot a couple close-ups? I am particularly interested in how you attached the wind screen. Thanks!
I'd love to see better pics of both......

Also, I'm looking for a body armor "shirt" that is comfortable.....I wore my son's recently in Moab, and it saved me on my one and only tumble, but I'd like one that was a bit more comfortable. I think it was either a Thor or 661.

When I get home I'll post up the close ups:thumbsup:

here you go:

link to my thread on the wind screen

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=989173&highlight=

heres a few of the rack

23500bad.jpg

5283451a.jpg

31f3acb3.jpg

61d342a8.jpg

Edited by 707drz

How does your rear fender handle the weight of your setup? Is there a suportive sub frame under the rear fender? I have an E model and the subframe does not extend that far back. Mitch

sm subframe extends to the end of the fender, i can sit on mine and it would hold me