Sign in to follow this  

Bent chain slider "thingy". Photo.

Anyone know what causes the chain slider plate to get bent like this? Loose chain? Worn out chain.

I do run my chain on the loose side but this is a newer OEM chain (800 miles) that's done this.

Any idea's?

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

Edited by slowxr

Odd looking chain slider,,,What bikes that on??,,Haven't got one like that on any of my bikes. Just the flat type slider in that area..Drill a small self tapper type screw hole from the back of it and attach the thing to that plate with the screw,..or countersink a screwhead bolt from the front side and use a nut and washer to hold it together..Tab you'd attach it to looks like it needs a whack with a hammer to straighten it up so things end up level..

That is exactly what i need to keep a 160 tire on the back of my XR, it only has the flat slider which actually seems to have chewed up the wheel/tire. One if those would do wonders :busted:

That is exactly what i need to keep a 160 tire on the back of my XR, it only has the flat slider which actually seems to have chewed up the wheel/tire. One if those would do wonders :busted:

It's the chain slider that keeps the chain out of the tires tread. It looks like the type my XR650L has but mounts differently.

:busted:

Replaced my chain and no more bent bracket. Must have been some lateral play in the old chain?

Anyway, problem solved.