Sign in to follow this  

Frame swap Questions

Hello everyone. I did a bit of searching throughout the site and I couldn't find any specific answers to a few questions I have. Here is my problem. I bought a 2001 YZ250F from an auction a few years ago for $100, and I never got the title for the bike. It has a bad frame, but everything else on the bike is in great shape. I would like to upgrade to a 06+ frame with a title. I found a killer deal on one, and I'm curious how much stuff from my bike is transferable to the 06+ frame. I know it will be a lot of work, just trying to weigh options. Thanks for your help.

the frame I'm looking at buying has a swing arm included. I'm guessing I will almost definitely need to pick up 06+ body work, and a seat. I would like to try to keep as much of the 01 equipment as I can, and just sell off what I can't use.

06 is aluminum frame, so tank, seat, airbox and boot, side covers, subframe, et all. Psellers in Birmingham has done a frame swap, so look up his ID and threads, did a really great job of documenting the swap. I do know that the 06 has cartridge fork which is an upgrade and used a larger fork too. It might be that the 01 will fit until you can find am 06 fork. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. That is a very helpful thread. If I decide to take the 06+ route I'll make a thread out of it. I'm kind of leaning towards staying with an 01 frame after seeing how much is involved with this swap.