Sign in to follow this  

Word-generated pop-ups on thumpertalk

Who else is sick as all getout of the word-generated pop-ups all over every post from everyone, all the time?? You know, like how it singles out words you use in a post, auto highlights them, autolinks them to a pop-up? Some of them you can't even x away :busted:. Yeah those......

I understand the need for TT to advertise but these are a cheap gotcha-style that, to me, reflect poorly on the content of the pop-up. Like robocalls and robotexts:bonk:. A lowley marketing technique and quite irritating.

Is there a way to turn them off, permanently??

I here about this all the time, but haven't had a problem. All I get is the normal adds the don't interfere with anything.

I use Internet Explorer and have Malwarebytes. I have my pop up blocker set to medium high.

What is a robocalls/robotexts?

Animated ads suck, they can slow things down if they are a fancy one. as for pop ups, I get none with pop up blocker on but it does highlight some words, I just don't run curser over them

I try to avoid running a cursor over the highlighted words, but since I usually use the scroll wheel on my mouse I accidently hit them, maybe they could make them close when the cursor leaves the link instead of having to manually close the box?