Sign in to follow this  

FMF Powerbomb & Exhaust Carb jetting

What up! First post! I looked at the carb jetting threads, but there is too much to sort through.

Just got a 03 DRZ400e from the mountains in AZ (5,000 ft). I live on Eastern Long Island (sea level). It has a FMF powerbomb header and exhaust. Carb needs help. Bogs when you snap the throttle off idle, some flat spots, loses power wide open. I was told it had "been jetted". I was advised to put it back to the stock settings and go from there. To that end, what are the stock needle and jet sizes, and idle mix setting please? Also, what is the stock setting for the accelerator pump?

Another advice on useful mods would be happy accepted.

Thanks!

-Shawn

Hey thanks for the info mate!

So I did a little maintenance, getting my self familiar with the bike. Looking for the fuel adjust screw and finally found it, but only because it was one of those extended ones. That was fortunate because the screw was totally backed out, and just resting on the starter. Couldn't get lost because of its length, but it wasn't threaded in at all. So I threaded it all the way in, backed out 2.25 turns and went for a ride. All the carb issues went away, but for a tiny trace of bog off idle when you blip it really quickly. Othewise it felt really good and I was happy. Still planning on the Eddie mod and removing the coast enrichener, but Im stoked it doesnt need as much fiddling as I thought.

Thanks, Shawn

Remove snorkel..

155 main jet,

200 main air jet

100 pilot air jet

EMP needle clip 3 or stock DXP needle clip 4

45 pilot jet

2.25 turns fuel screw

Remove the coast enrichener.http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...chener+removal

Do the Eddie Mod..http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...ight=eddie+mod

I hope you have all these jetting specs on auto post or something as i see them two or three times a week!!!! Even not being the op thankx for all your help and btw have you ever owned a bike with dirt on it.Every pic of past or present bikes are perfect.:lol:

I hope you have all these jetting specs on auto post or something as i see them two or three times a week!!!! Even not being the op thankx for all your help and btw have you ever owned a bike with dirt on it.Every pic of past or present bikes are perfect.:lol:

Cheers mate...I have always been fussy with anything I own...I say "Look after your bike and it will look after you"..:)

Attention to detail and keeping things in good working order was drummed into me from an early age by my folks and was enhanced when I joined the Army way back in 1977....

Being of assistance to a fellow TT'er is something I and others enjoy doing...:banghead: