Sign in to follow this  

2012 350 SXF Mapping on a 2011?

Can't read the links because I am not member and who wants to be a member of a site with such a smart azz attitude on the sign up screen. No thank you.

Can you remap a 2011 350 with the mapping profile used on the 2012? What will it damage if anything?

Yes - will not hurt anything. Your 11 will run better with the 12 map:thumbsup:

Can't read the links because I am not member and who wants to be a member of a site with such a smart azz attitude on the sign up screen. No thank you.

Well you won't find a better place on h planet for KTM info, it's your Choice

We have a whole lot of really knowledgeable members here plus many of them post on both sites.

I agree, but thats not what i said, oh and i'm one of them, I have something like 13,000 posts "over there" LOL

The 12 mapping with work in the 11 just fine but ktm also has an aggressive map especially for the 11 and 12. Its a BIG improvement.

I have the 11 aggressive map in my bike. I am thinking about getting the 12 installed. Will I notice any difference?

I have the 11 aggressive map in my bike. I am thinking about getting the 12 installed. Will I notice any difference?

yes, I had the 12 mapping put in my 11, and on the agressive mode its a bit better than the 11 mapping, starts better revs a bit faster and pulls a bit harder, think its just a bit leaner across the board, 11 was to rich, they were being safe on the new bike.

I just had my 11' mapped with the 12' settings this morning. I plan to ride both days this weekend and will let you know how it differs. I already have the FMF megabomb header and 4.1 pipe, agressive map switch, and 52T rear sprocket. The mapping should be easy to notice if there is a difference since everything else is the same.

I just had my 11' mapped with the 12' settings this morning. I plan to ride both days this weekend and will let you know how it differs. I already have the FMF megabomb header and 4.1 pipe, agressive map switch, and 52T rear sprocket. The mapping should be easy to notice if there is a difference since everything else is the same.

Great, cant wait to hear what you think. I have the same set up only with a Dr. D.

how do you change your 11 to 12 mapping????

I took mine to my local dealer. Took them about 30 minutes and charged me $30.

I am bringing mine in for the recall this week. Then It will be Dr.D with 12 mapping and the 51. I too will give the report.

Alright, finally got a chance to ride today. Rode two tanks today on an awesome MX track, AMP MX. Very noticeable difference with 12' mapping on my 11'. Throttle response is quicker off idle, gets to the mid-range power quicker, and could pull a taller gear out of several tight corners. The bike already pulled harder the further you revved it out, but now that pull starts at a lower RPM.

Well worth the $30 spent. Seemed easier to start also.

I am bringing mine in for the recall this week. Then It will be Dr.D with 12 mapping and the 51. I too will give the report.

Go with the 52 if you are a fast a class mxer

Hee hee. I go good but I'm no A! Trying to cary more speed into corners. 3rd gear with the 51. Runs out quick. Doesn't the 52 run out VERY quick?

I'm running the 52T rear and it works very well. 2nd keeps the RPMs up in the corners and then into the meat of 3rd right out of the corner.