Sign in to follow this  

Can of worms

I have been ridding MX on a CRF 450R for the last two years. Just was not happy with the bike even after putting a ton of mods into it. I had not ridden a 2T in about 7 or 8 years. A few weeks back a guy at the track let me take a spin on his 03 cr250, and needless to say I had an absolute blast on it. Well I sold the 450 and looked for a 05 - 07 CR 250. I located a 05 and bought it for $2000. When I looked at the bike and rode it I knew it would need to have few things done to it. Well, the more I am taking it apart the more I find wrong with it.:busted: Now today when I took the carb off of it I noticed that it did not have any electrical plugs in it. Did a online vin # check and I have a 05 frame with a 02 motor in it.:busted: I feel pissed off and sick to my stomach at the same time. How bad is 02 motor compared to the 05?

I'd be mad too because things were not as advertised, but the good part is the motors are similar enough to not worry about the difference. How good is the air box fit with the 02 set up? It's the mikuni not the kehin swap right?

As far as I can tell the airbox fit is ok, was looking to do the 97-99 airboot swap to get a better airseal any ways. It has the mikuni TMX on it.

get your money back. false advertisement. kick him in the face while your there

It is pass the point of getting my money back. The bike is sitting in my basement taken all apart. I have a $1000 in parts ordered for it and on the way here. The frame has 05 sticker on it and the guy only had it for a year and a half, so I not even sure he knew.

although you didnt get what you wanted, i do see something that you may be overlooking.

you rode an 03 and said you had a blast. the 02-04 engines are essentially the same, so id say youre going to have a great bike youre gonna love when its all said and done.

the 05+ are supposedly the best of the case fed engines when honda revised the engine.