Sign in to follow this  

93 cr125 bog off idle question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys, here i am again. im having a hard time with this whole carb tuning BS! i rejetted my kids bike cause its alot colder now than it was last time we jetted, even thou it was running fine we rejetted. its about an easy 20+ degs cooler and way wetter.

my main objective was to richen up the top so it would not run lean for the HS. so what i did was change MJ from a 165 to a 168 and moved the clip from 2nd down to 3rd position. (i think i went the right way on the jetting)?

it ran fine yesterday after we rejetted (15 degs warmer), today out at the races, started it up and it was bogging off idle bad. Of course it fould a plug in bout 2 mins. sounded like bowahh,bowahh

anyways, we changed the plug it started right up and still did the same thing. it was very cold today (bout 40 degs.) and real rainy at the track would that have anything todo with the cause of this? Frustrated and confused now, thought i was grasping the concept of carb/jetting tuning but now im not too sure.

the bike has prolly bout 35 hours or so on it, on complete rebuild. had 165 psi after rebuild and still holds 153psi compression.

Could it be the powervavles getting sticky? Cause he made it to the line for his class, i sweated it the whole time, once it got to complete full temp then it seemed to fine and during the race it didnt seem to bog at all, eventhou it was a very slow paced technical race, lugging and short shifting alot (due to the bad conditions).

Typically when a PV gets alil sticky will the stickyness improve upon warming the engine?

sorry for the longwinded post. just want to give all info.

Edited by argclh6670

Pilot jet will affect idle - 1/4 throttle. A rich pilot jet is also, often, the cause of a fouled plug. Or, worst case scenario, you have a leaky right hand crank seal.

when you have a rt side crank seal leaking woulnt ur bike smoke excessively?

just to keep me smart guys, when it gets colder the air gets denser right, so in turn it leans ur mixture right? more air less fuel= lean? so then to correct you richen ur settings correct?