Sign in to follow this  

CR 125 2002 and 2004/2005 RM 125

Hi everyone,

I've been riding my 2002 CR 125 for almost three seasons. It has DEP pipe and muffler, Vforce reeds, some porting done. I have revalved front and rear suspension and replaced springs for my weight. I really like the bike, had no mechanical problems BUT I have two complaints: engine and suspension.

Engine - it seems that it only has power on top, not as powerful in the middle and absolutely no low end. I got used to using clutch in on every corner exit but would really love to have at least slightlt more power in the low revs.

Suspension - I have done everything possible and now it's quite good but it still an old design kayaba single cartridge forks.

Now, I am looking at 2004 or 2005 RM 125 but still not very sure if it is worth to change. I mean, will RM 125 (04 or 05) will be better in suspension and engine (low and mid)? RM has twin chamber forks which I guess should be superior and engine is called "ktm copy". Has anyone riden both?

I do know that the yz is a great bike but I still prefer the rm. Mainly for the showa suspension and better cornering.

I am sure that the rm will be better but will it be just slightly better or will the difference be really noticable?

arent the cr250 forks(twin chamber) a direct bolt on? And you could send the engine out to eric gorr or someone and get alot of power

If you look at a power curve chart........comparing the hp and torque to rpms.....there cannot be much difference. Between the cr and rm.

I just did a 5 hour enduro , last sunday........and never heard anyone on a 125 ...coasting ....or not totally on the gas...going up a hill or turning in a berm.

RM....1996 and up are good handling bikes ...and easy to work on .

good luck.

in the european 125cc championship you only find ktm's and rm 125's

that is

no riders with another brand

that says it all i guess