Sign in to follow this  

Cr125

Purchased a 2004 CR125 for my seasoned MX rider. Staying on the Supermini for one more year. This CR125 is a practice bike. It has NO TOP END whatsoever. Removed the cylinder and head to find the following: Port & polised, horrible job, big bore kit to size 56mm. Cleaned up the jug reinstalled using existing piston & rings. Replaced a broken V-Force reed w/ all new. It has Pro Circuit exhaust & silencer. Sprocket gearing is 13 x 50. Rider is 115 lb's. This bike is a DIGGER. No top end to it AT ALL! Before I spend more $$$ I am told that if I go to the stock cylinder head & piston that this will fix my problem. I'm cool with that but need to know that this is the problem. HELP

I have an '04 too and I found the Keihin carb worked in adding a bit of top over the Mikuni, but it still hasn't got much top.

hey witcher,

1st welcome to TT. its a good place for info.

i came across this site http://www.eric-gorr.com/ he has got alot of good info on cr125 tuning and performance tips.

Also read something about using a RM125 piston in the 04 cr125 on TT for added lowend.

his site doesnt talk about the 04 but it does for the 01-04 using the rm mod. check it out and good luck.