Sign in to follow this  

Florida Hardrock motocross

Just got back from hardrock motocross, man does that track suck, not much more to say than that!

Bostwick is like 3 1/2 hours from my house, so a little to far. I live near Tampa, and have a few good tracks close to me. My friends and I decided to go to hard rock and camp for the night and party, the riding just sucked there.

It is what it is....

You get to ride as much as you want.....no 15 minutes then wait your turn 30 minutes for your session. 3 to 4 tracks to ride.....main track, sand track, outback track, rollercoaster track(if not a jeep weekend) and a hare scramble loop(around 4 miles give or take).

I like the variety. It makes me think of the outdoor mx races with the tracks all nasty after a 30 min moto.

I'll admit, its not groomed the best(understatement), bathrooms really bad, but I have had some really good times there!!

Always put many tanks of gas though the bike while riding. Need to go back soon......its been too long!

If the sand track is groomed it is great. The main track has no sand and is all hard pack so if you are used to sand berms etc... it is different. You won't find another track in Florida with elevation changes like the main track. The Outback track is like riding on asphalt, very hard and not the best flowing track. They have improved the HS loop lately and it has more tight single track with a lot of elevation changes. Again other than Gatorback which is only open for race events you won't find another track like it.

We have rode most of the tracks in Florida except for Seminole (unfortunately it closed before we started riding/racing MX) and a few of the tracks on the west coast of Florida (Dade City, East Bay).

Mark C

Bostwick is like 3 1/2 hours from my house, so a little to far. I live near Tampa, and have a few good tracks close to me. My friends and I decided to go to hard rock and camp for the night and party, the riding just sucked there.

Fully understand that, make a weekend out of going to Bostwick and then Pax the next day.

We're going to do Thundercross and L-Cross over a weekend after the Mini O's.

Camping out now is nice compared to summer!