Sign in to follow this  

What is this plug?

While installing LED blinkers up front, I came across this plug. It's not plugged into anything and it appears to go to the speedo(stock), it's just there. Does anybody know what it is and does?

The image won't upload properly so here are the links

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/alexgauthier/IMAG0116.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/alexgauthier/IMAG0117.jpg

Supposedly, you would have one of the trip meters already highlighted (if it's a "S" model) and tap the reset button to zero it back down. Enduro riders would use them in conjuntion with a roll chart. The roll chart has miles printed on it until the next turn. Once you travel the miles (by constantly checking your trip meter) you know exactly when to turn and stay on course. Zero the trip meter again easily and your ready for the next leg. The button isn't anything more than a momentary kill switch that zeros out the reading. You could get your own switch and hardwire it after cutting off the connector. It only zeros out the highlighted trip meter not the main odometer reading. Hope this helps.

Supposedly, you would have one of the trip meters already highlighted (if it's a "S" model) and tap the reset button to zero it back down. Enduro riders would use them in conjuntion with a roll chart. The roll chart has miles printed on it until the next turn. Once you travel the miles (by constantly checking your trip meter) you know exactly when to turn and stay on course. Zero the trip meter again easily and your ready for the next leg. The button isn't anything more than a momentary kill switch that zeros out the reading. You could get your own switch and hardwire it after cutting off the connector. It only zeros out the highlighted trip meter not the main odometer reading. Hope this helps.

Thank you sir.