rm250 jump into gear

my bike does that too when the clutch cable is not adjusted correctly. if you have too much play in the cable then the clutch may not be disengaging all the way when you pull in the lever. take some of the slack out of the cable and try again. normal clutch play should only be 1/8-1/4 inch.

that is the first thing to check before going off and tearing the whole engine apart only to find out it was just the cable slack..... if that doesn't work, then look further.

my bike does that too when the clutch cable is not adjusted correctly. if you have too much play in the cable then the clutch may not be disengaging all the way when you pull in the lever. take some of the slack out of the cable and try again. normal clutch play should only be 1/8-1/4 inch.

that is the first thing to check before going off and tearing the whole engine apart only to find out it was just the cable slack..... if that doesn't work, then look further.

I just put a magura hydro clutch on so i dont believe that would be the problem.

I just put a magura hydro clutch on so i dont believe that would be the problem.

I could be wrong, but i beleive they still need to be adjusted from time to time. I know they don't fade while riding like a cable set up, but isn't there some adjustment in them? as the clutch wears it would have to adjust somehow otherwise it would lose effectiveness. or could the fluid not be full enough?

i am no expert in hydro clutches i just have a friend who had one on his KTM and he was telling me about having to adjust it one day....... of course i have no idea what adjustment he was talking about so i could just be talking out of my :busted:

I could be wrong, but i beleive they still need to be adjusted from time to time. I know they don't fade while riding like a cable set up, but isn't there some adjustment in them? as the clutch wears it would have to adjust somehow otherwise it would lose effectiveness. or could the fluid not be full enough?

i am no expert in hydro clutches i just have a friend who had one on his KTM and he was telling me about having to adjust it one day....... of course i have no idea what adjustment he was talking about so i could just be talking out of my :busted:

Its brand new with 0 rides on it, i just put it on and i believe they auto adjust. The clutch pull is way easier now:smirk:

Its brand new with 0 rides on it, i just put it on and i believe they auto adjust. The clutch pull is way easier now:smirk:

fair enough, i just know that is what happens to me.... I loved the feel of the hyro clutch on my friends KTM 300. i usually end up messing with the slack about 2-3 times per HS so i would love to get one of those.

fair enough, i just know that is what happens to me.... I loved the feel of the hyro clutch on my friends KTM 300. i usually end up messing with the slack about 2-3 times per HS so i would love to get one of those.

I got mine for 200! Feels great riding friday or saturday to really see how it works.