Sign in to follow this  

Hot start lever issue

Hey everyone,

I have a 07 crf250 and bought it used. It has an ASv lever and when I purchased the bike I noticed a piece was missing. ASV quickly remedied that but now that I have the cable properly secured in the lever, there in not any give in the cable. Basically if I tighten it enough to where it pulls the cable, it is so tight it only moves about 1/4 of an inch and there really isn't any springiness to it like a clutch. Thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

If it's the hot start cable that's giving you an issue, there's an adjustment on the cable itself that you should be able to adjust to get some play in the lever.

It should spring back. Not real fast like the clutch. If the bolt is too tight and not letting the lever move, back it off some.

remove the cable from the carb and clean it! clean the plunger, the hotstart bore, lube the cable and put a light film of grease on the plunger, then reinstall and readjust the cable. If you still have problems, replace the cable

I'm having the same issue guys, except my cable is moving freely in the sleeve. It doesn't have any give inside the carb. ??

Pulled carb off and checked cable. Plunger was hung up inside carb... Managed to break the tabs off of it while trying to remove. Was able to get it out and ordered a new one. After researching, this plunger should be pulled once a year and cleaned, along with the hole it sits in, as ~ said in earlier post.