Sign in to follow this  

go pro helmet cam questions

There is a curved sticky mount that sticks to the helmet. It is some really good 3m stuff.

At about 6:10 in this video I hit a tree with the camera. It stayed on and nothing happened to it.

At first it feels heavy but you get use to it after a while. I also use the chest mount and I like it but you have to make sure the camera is facing the right angle or you won't see much.

Its attached with double sided 3m tape, very good stuff. You can remove the mounts and tape without damaging your helmet. I have the 960 and am very happy with it. I use the 2nd setting 720p gives a wider angle than the 960p.

Never came off. Its plastic so they can break but are durable. The camera is inside a case that can be replaced for $40. The gopro cameras im my opinion are 100 times better than the vholdr/contour cams. I have a contour that the mount got broke in 20 min. ride time.

Im not sure which one is the best as I have not used any others but the 960. Someone else might have better input on that.

Im not sure which one is the best as I have not used any others but the 960. Someone else might have better input on that.

Unless you are a professional film maker the 960 will be better than anything you need. I have a 20" widescreen monitor for my computer and when I use the 960 setting the video is almost too large for my screen, I can't even see the controls for the media player. 1080P would be even larger.

So, no need for 1080 if you ask me.

This is how i have mine mounted(picture not mine..off google) but it is a better point of view, you dont see it in your feild of view...never catches any branches. Also there is a option in the menu for Upside down recording specifically so you cant mount like this. Will never mount it any other way again

Picture1389.jpg

You can also use some of the standard pieces it comes with to mount the camera on your bars. I have done this a couple times and it comes out really good, just have to make sure the mount screws are tight otherwise it moves.

I just bought the HD 1080 version. After my first use I will probably only ever use the lower video quality settings. AT the high resolution 30 min of video is over 10 gigs of memory...a dvd only holds 4.? gigs...

second time around I set it to the wvga setting and 30 min equalled 1.7 gigs...way more useable.

I guess what I am trying to say is the 960 is probably more than good enough.

If only the orignal Gopro had a decent battery life I would never have bought this one.