Sign in to follow this  

Washington D-Pass Fails to raise enough $$

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/12/1903830/discover-pass-not-raising-the.html

Big surprise.... NOT!! I would rather pay the $99 fine that goes to the courts rather than the Parks/WDFW/DNR fine (D-Pass) of $35 per vehicle. $6.5M in D-Pass sales for the first three monhs, and another $2.3M raised by the State Parks through their "Opt-Out $5 car tab donation". And they are "Giving" those that volunteer 24hrs of their time a $35 D-Pass. I have volunteered hundreds of hours to the DNR before the pass was required. I feel like they no longer DESERVE my volunteer efforts since they want me to pay for access to public lands. And even with the "Volunteer" D-Pass it is ONLY good for one vehicle. I have three vehicles. So that means I would still need to pay $70 AND volunteer 24hrs of my time. And if I volunteer 48hrs of my time? Still only get one pass. :busted:

And since I know DNR watches our forum.....

The ONLY option that will get me to buy one is if they are FULLY transferable between vehicles like the NW Forest Pass. I buy one of those every year.

I have not purchased this pass and have deliberately avoided all DNR lands all this year and also did not renew any ORV tags (and I have a fleet of them). The fact its not transferable is stupid as another poster mentioned. My Forest pass hung from my mirror, moved to another vehicle. So since this neat idea to bring in more money, they have gotten zilch from me this year.

would you buy it if it was transferable?

Yes. I would buy it if it was a hangtag like the Forest Service one. But I wont buy one now because I would need 3 or 4 of them.

I have not purchased this pass and have deliberately avoided all DNR lands all this year and also did not renew any ORV tags (and I have a fleet of them). The fact its not transferable is stupid as another poster mentioned. My Forest pass hung from my mirror, moved to another vehicle. So since this neat idea to bring in more money, they have gotten zilch from me this year.

Same here.

Have refused to buy any Discovery Passes.

Have not ridden any DNR land since they required it.

Have no plans to ride ANY DNR land in the future.

I would consider purchasing the pass if it was transferable.

But I'm so freaking pissed about Reiter, I'm not sure I would buy one even if it was transferable.

Same here.

Have refused to buy any Discovery Passes.

Have not ridden any DNR land since they required it.

Have no plans to ride ANY DNR land in the future.

I would consider purchasing the pass if it was transferable.

But I'm so freaking pissed about Reiter, I'm not sure I would buy one even if it was transferable.

Well put and I agree!

Sucks don't it. Everyone looses IMO. I stopped giving my time to DNR. I do not have any desire to ride DNR land any longer. I simply don't give a rip any longer. It is far easier, funner, & safer to go ride private land.

Our state is steadily stripping us of our rights year after year all in the name of helping us. It is total bs. Sadly, we have no power to affect change because the vast majority of offroad riders do not help out. Join an club, join the NMA, join the OMRA whatever take your pick but the writing is on the wall ORV owners do not have the organization to have a voice.

IMHO the basic foundation is flawed. People are cheap asses and will not spend a dime so an org designed to succeed would have no membership fee. Then MABEY people would actually join up and have a voice. Possibly I am way wrong but what we have now is NOT working.

Joe........

I plan on transferring the dern thing from my primary vehicle to the RV the few times i use the RV.....F 'em if the actually get up close and read the tag number and then compre it to the vehicle it's in. I will be betting they just look for one in the window and then move on. The situation could be much worse ....like many states that have virtually zero public riding ( at any price) and the "riding" is done on private ORV parks that charge every time you ride the mere 1100 acres they have.

Joe

I plan on transferring the dern thing from my primary vehicle to the RV the few times i use the RV.....F 'em if the actually get up close and read the tag number and then compre it to the vehicle it's in. I will be betting they just look for one in the window and then move on. The situation could be much worse ....like many states that have virtually zero public riding ( at any price) and the "riding" is done on private ORV parks that charge every time you ride the mere 1100 acres they have.

Joe

Time to move to Canada and ride Crown Land. No rulez. :busted:

I must be a conformist :busted:, I bought one. It's been "transferred" rig to rig by accident. Most the time I forget to hang it anyway. so far no tickets. But more power to those who are holding their ground on this, from reading the link it does seem to be doing some good. I'd speculate they could come back with a transferable or non, at 2 different price points.

Yes. I would buy it if it was a hangtag like the Forest Service one. But I wont buy one now because I would need 3 or 4 of them.

I wish the OEM- Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Kawasaki, ETC- would have some balls and include in the purchase of every off road vehicle a membership to AMA or BRC- something to 1 fund the effort, 2 get the word out thru their magazines whats happening.

Now before the cry babies chime in about how they hate the AMA or BRC- those particular organizations arent the point - the point is APATHY is a problem.

Throwing some folks in the pool right from the get go is a good idea - spreading some knowledge is bound to get some folks involved.

I'd speculate they could come back with a transferable or non, at 2 different price points.

Legislation is currently being drafted for introduction in the 2012 regular session that starts in January.

I wish the OEM- Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM, Kawasaki, ETC- would have some balls and include in the purchase of every off road vehicle a membership to AMA or BRC- something to 1 fund the effort, 2 get the word out thru their magazines whats happening.

The NMA tried giving free one year memberships to non-members that purchased motorcycles at participating dealerships.

Sad to say, some dealerships did not want the bother and at some dealerships that did participate, some salespeople didn't bother to give the purchaser the form. The whole, what's in it for me attitude.:busted:

Of those that did get free memberships, as I recall only about 10 percent renewed. :busted:

And since I know DNR watches our forum.....

Why wait for them to read it and MAYBE tell their boss, just email Washington State Commissioner of Public Lands,Peter Goldmark directly.

CPL@wadnr.gov

Why wait for them to read it and MAYBE tell their boss, just email Washington State Commissioner of Public Lands,Peter Goldmark directly.

CPL@wadnr.gov

Thanks for all you do. :busted:

IMHO the basic foundation is flawed. People are cheap asses and will not spend a dime so an org designed to succeed would have no membership fee. Then MABEY people would actually join up and have a voice. Possibly I am way wrong but what we have now is NOT working.

Joe........

sad but true. Bitch about no trails, never show up for a work party. :busted:

Can't even show up to a work party without a pass. Cuttin their throat to spite their feet. Walker is a mess after 2yrs of no Rieter, and a whole summer without Me.