Sign in to follow this  

Yz125 Rebuild

I own a 2001 yz125 that belonged to my brother before me. We've had it for 10 years and its never been rebuilt. It fouls spark plugs like crazy. I got a new air filter and started going 45:1 as oposed to 40:1. It helped a lot but its still fouling plugs. Time for a topend rebuild? By the way im 14 could i do it myself? Thanks in advance

-Alex

I guess it depends on how much run time it has on it those 10 years. It's fouling plugs because your jetting is too rich. Not because it needs a top end.

+2 on the jetting, had same prob with my 99, ended up taking it back to stock jettin, and adjusted float height fix it right up, and a new top-end never hurt either if you want a crisp feeling bike:thumbsup:

i have to disagree,a new top end should be first.10yr old bike with a stock top end an a 125 at that should have a fresh top end then work with the jetting.if not youre going to keep chasing jetting issues with a worn top end.

Kawie

I agree that it surely needs a top end by now.. Bad ring seal can cause plug fouling.. NEVER jet a junk top end, you'll run in circles and spend 100 dollars in brass before you realize, YOU NEED A TOP END :busted: Spend a couple hundred bucks, get the top end fresh and re jet to stock.. Experiment from there :busted: