Sign in to follow this  

Spring and Hollow Screw Left Putting the Head Back- Anyone any Clues where it goes.

Just Changed the Cam Chain and Rings and put everything back together after someone else had took the head off and now I am left with a Spring about 2 inches long and a hollow stubby screw which looks like the spring may fit inside. Anyone any clues where these goes I stripped the engine down after someone took off the head etc and I cant remember this so expect it s something from Taking the head off. looks like its been in the engine as has old thick black oil on it slightly.

Cheers

gaz.

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/45/Year/2004/ModelID/6490/Model/DR-Z400S/GroupID/271519/Group/CYLINDER_HEAD

have no idea what parts you're talking about-need to be more specific: maybe what bike, year, model...

The only springs about that long on the head are valve springs, unless it's something to do with the cam chain tensioner.

Hi there,

Thanks all was the tentioner as yes I installed a Manual one and didnt take out the old one someone else did thanks. Bitch wont start now need to work out why. Should the solanoid make a click on the carb when ignition is switched on?

No. The TPS on the carb is just a variable resister. Not a solenoid, makes no noise.

UK Bike Noble, has other bits.. To include a solenoid if memory serves.

Your memory is fine.

European BSR's has a solenoid at the bottom of the carb.

Pretty useless, works best unplugged :busted: