Sign in to follow this  

Sub Mount

I'm looking to get a sub mount for my scotts damper. Anyone have any recommendations? I see the scotts unit, BRP, Applied Racing, etc, but was wondering if y'all had some hands on experience. Thanks!

I'm looking to get a sub mount for my scotts damper. Anyone have any recommendations? I see the scotts unit, BRP, Applied Racing, etc, but was wondering if y'all had some hands on experience. Thanks!

BRP and Scotts are one in the same.

Applied as I understand it only works on the Applied triple clamps.

I like the BRP products very much. Pictured is a Sub mount for the BRP triples, which looks just like the one for the stock clamps.

DSCN7410-1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Krannie. After a little more investigation, it looks like there is an applied racing unit for the stock triples, but it is two-pieces that bolt together. Now time to find a good price on the brp/scotts!

Thanks Krannie. After a little more investigation, it looks like there is an applied racing unit for the stock triples, but it is two-pieces that bolt together. Now time to find a good price on the brp/scotts!

I believe that the Applied mounts are directly connected to the top triple. Which is cool, not the bar clamps! Don't know if you can use the stock bar clamp.

I'm running the BRP submount on my stock triple clamps and I would definitely recommend it. Good quality, fair price and I like my bars a little higher. No first hand experience with the Applied clamps/mount.

Have a BRP on mine, posible fine unit, however I believe that with the Applied unit there are 2 choices for bar locations on the unit, the BRP/Scotts design locks you into only one choice.

The only close-up of the Applied setup I have seen is here:

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/images/applied-sub-106.jpg

and it doesn't show the bottom of the clamps where they bolt to the damper mount. The price difference (about 35 bucks less) is interesting though...

I am thinking that the 4 shorter bolts mount through the damper mount up into the bottom of the bar clamps, the larger 2 bolts are first placed down through the damper mount. The holes in the clamps which the bars rest in are probably offset allowing a choice of 2 positions. Once this choice has been made and the bar clamps mounted to the damper mount I am thinking you would then mount the entire assembly to the top triple clamp

Scotts on mine. I guess its good, never give it a second thought.

I think BRP makes them for Scotts but I could be wrong. I know they don't make anything at their store in Montrose, they used to do mechanic work there now I think all they do is mount tires.

BRP is giving 15% off the entire website on black Friday. If you can wait until then that would be a good deal.