Sign in to follow this  

New to KTM

Hi, I'm new to the KTM world and would like to ask the opinion of you knowledgeable KTM owners. I have a 2003 125 sx, it's great for me at this point. I've had it for 6 months or so now, and am looking to do some of the district 37 and/or 38 scrambles, in SoCal. (I have not raced yet, so beginner class) I know it's not the best bike for that riding. A 2003 exc 200 has come up for $2000. Is it worth getting? Or just ride my 125 and buy a newer 200 in the future? I'm 5'7 and 145lbs

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

probably should have gone to the "which bike to buy" section. Sorry.:busted:

you can make a 125 into a great woods bike, from what ive heard the 200 is very liked in the woods like its big brother (300).. i say do one race on your 125 and see how you like it

That price seems a bit high for a 2003 200 EXC, but it really depends on the quality of the bike and the market down there. 200's are not as common in California.

The 200 will have about the same HP, but more torque. Wide ratio gearbox, larger gas tank, and suspension set up for off-road, not MX, and an 18" rear wheel.

I'd look for a 2002, which will be a green sticker bike or a 2008 or newer, with the better frame and suspension.

Thanks for your input guys, I appreciate it. I actually took a look at the EXC 200, I couldn't find the Vin as the frame had been powder coated....... the bike was actually in great shape, but it had been sitting for at least 12 months, the tires were cracked, cobwebs on the frame....the whole thing just didn't feel right.

I think i'll ride what i've got, and save my money for something better in the future.