Sign in to follow this  

FMF two stroke pipes

Hey guys, just trying to decide which fmf 2t pipe is best for me. I ride a 05 yz250 with a turbine core 2, racing desert. Thanks!

fatty or sst. definately dont get the gnarly, it will indead give u more low end, but the gnarly takes a lot of poer off the top and makes them rev out quick (not wat u want for desert)

fmf has descriptions of all of their exhausts on the official fmf website. i think it is fmfracing.com but i could be wrong, google it

The Fatty or Factory Fatty pipes are the only FMF pipes I would run. SST is known to cause issues and the Gnarly is built for low end grunt.

True story, i melted a couple of pistons before i figured out the jetting for the sst on my 04 yz 125, you have to run a very rich main jet

id go with the fatty best all round, fairly tough, looks great, good power gains, had an sst, still prefur the fatty nice mid to top.

The Yamaha GYTR pipe is an excellent choice. It is made by FMF, but was re-tested and designed in late 2009. It is fine tuned over the standard FMF spec pipe. Also Dubach Racing Development ( DR.D) is very close to introducing 2 stk. pipes.

I second the recommendation for the STOCK pipe.. 06 and up has been on my 250 religiously after testing the following..: Pro ciruit works, FMF fatty, gnarly, SST and a DEP.. Ive gone through three 06 + oem pipes off Ebay for a fraction the cost of new aftermarkets pipes.. :busted: Just an opinion though :busted: