Sign in to follow this  

Florida What type of soil can we found in Florida ?

Hi all , i am gathering info for my coming trip to Florida in the end of december , last year we have done Croom and it was a blast :busted: ,

but this year i look to spend some time at 2 or 3 track , and we need someting on the sand side ? (i think Hardrock was name for the good reason !!)

can you help ?

sorry for my bad english

thanks in advance

Regards

SoilTexture_USDA.png

Most places you'll go in Florida are very sandy. I use soft-intermediate tires.

Hardrock is an exception, the main track is hard-pack, but it's dirt that they imported to build the track.

The farther north you go, the harder the dirt gets. Down here in south Florida it's all powder.

Thanks chokey for the fast respond !!, since we look to stay much north , Bartow will be our lowest we look to go ... if you have to rank your track , wich one will be the more sandy ?

Bartow is pretty soft dirt, and nicely prepped.

My "preferred" track closed down a few months ago, Seminole MX. It was a pure sand track. Lately I've just been going to L-Cross.

The last time I was at Waldo it has a lot of sand. Did you ride the sand track at Hardrock? When groomed it is a good sand track. Saw a video of Dean Wilson practicing there not too long ago.

Mark C

Thanks guy , can you rank the florida track ? , like the the most sandy in first , and the harder at last ?

thanks again

thanks chokey , yes i have already those site , but what i look for is guy who have ride track , and can say to me wich one is more sandy than the other , hope my question made sense , if not feel free to ask

thanks again to taking time

a guy who can' t wait to be in florida in december !!!

Bartow is sandy for the most part, and is a pretty good layout for all skill levels.

Bostwick is soft and loamy, but I don't care for the layout.

County Line is a tacky sand/clay mix, but is still soft. It has mostly big obstacles though, with a lot of step-ups and step-downs. Not my favorite track.

My favorite for now is L-Cross. It's a sand track, but they have something for everybody. Trails, freestyle ramps, a Harescramble loop, you name it. The track is on the easy side, but it's fast and a lot of fun.

Too bad Seminole closed. In my opinion that was the best track in Florida.

Pax Trax ? Bitlo , Waldo ? where they rank ? , sorry for all the question , but it's a 3000 miles round trip , and just need to plan well !!

thanks again