Sign in to follow this  

HELP!!! need advce!

Hey guys, I don’t know how i did it but I have successfully stripped out the brake pedal bolt... where it goes into the frame and gets tight...

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how to remedy this problem? Will a helicoil work for this? THANKS

I dont know how i did it, I just started to tighten it then it kept going, it wasn't cross threaded or anything... just the aluminum gave way!

The best fix is to drill it larger and install a threaded insert. I have found them at places like Fastenall.

All my friends have at some time, stripped the fork guard 6mm bolts. I purchased a bike with same problem-found the correct insert, worked great!

The best fix is to drill it larger and install a threaded insert. I have found them at places like Fastenall.

All my friends have at some time, stripped the fork guard 6mm bolts. I purchased a bike with same problem-found the correct insert, worked great!

here is your answer. onto the next one jewels

nope, never new they existed until now. why would anyone want to do anything different if they were in this position