Sign in to follow this  

CR125 Clutch and Rear Tire Binding

Hello ThumperTalk users, this is my first post. I seem to have a problem with my 02 CR125. When I am in gear with the clutch held in (with the bike turned off) when I go to push the bike, the rear tire binds up as if I was NOT holding the clutch. Anyone know what could be the problem? Thanks and all answers are appreciated. :busted:

Probably pretty normal. Most clutches drag a lot expecially when cold. Does the clutch release normally when you're riding, can you find neutral relativley easily?

Probably pretty normal. Most clutches drag a lot expecially when cold. Does the clutch release normally when you're riding, can you find neutral relativley easily?

Yes the clutches releases fine when I'm riding, no problems shifting up or down, and I can find neutral easy. What do you mean by cold, are you meaning weather-wise?

when is the last time you changed the tranny fluid? what kind are you using?

also if the bike has been sitting, the plates are probably stuck together. with the bike off, put it in 4th gear, pull the clutch and pull the bike backwards till the tire turns. If you cannot get it to release with the clutch pulled in, you will need to open up the clutch cover and unstick the plates.

are you asking if.

if there is drag on the rear wheel, not wanting to roll, skidding while in gear with clutch pulled in? thats pretty normal.

although, if it is more noticeable NOW than usual. could just be cable out of adustment or cable stretched too far and not able to adjust.

when is the last time you changed the tranny fluid? what kind are you using?

also if the bike has been sitting, the plates are probably stuck together. with the bike off, put it in 4th gear, pull the clutch and pull the bike backwards till the tire turns. If you cannot get it to release with the clutch pulled in, you will need to open up the clutch cover and unstick the plates.

I changed the tranny fluid about 3 weeks ago, I was using HP Trans Oil (SAE 80W/85W) as it was recommended to me by my local riding shop. Thanks for the tip, I will have to try it next time I ride.

Thanks guys didn't know this was a normal problem.