Sign in to follow this  

2012 KX450 or RMZ450?

I'm looking at getting a new bike. I'm torn bewtween the Suzuki and Kawasaki. I like to ride both on the track and trails. I like what I read about both, however I really like all the adjustable features of the Kawasaki. I'm an average rider that's just looking to have fun again. I have yet to ride the new four strokes since my last couple bikes were 1999 YZ250 and 2001 CR250.Thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated. :busted:

Around I like both bikes...read allot about all the 450's...both bikes were my second choice to my decision to buy the KTM 450...I think the KX 450 is the bike of choice...just feel it's more bullet proof and all around better...I like the motor most of all....but the Susuki is great handling...can't go wrong with either! I too just started ridding 4 strokes after 16 years off and rode 2 strokes. I bought a KX 250f 2011...and three months later took the plunge on the KTM....it was a super hard decision....good luck:)

Go n sit on both bikes...see what feels right and what speaks to you...look at the maintenance and tryn see what all is involved in living with either one. Which dealer do you prefer and what will the support be afterwards...I bought my KX 250 and found it's a good bike but not what I wanted in the power dept...plus the Kawasaki dealers that are closest to me....suck. After a few months...I went out and bought a 450...which is what I was set to do in the first place...had my heart set on the Kx450 2012 model....but got talked into the 250 once I got to the dealer....go with your gut!...it was a hard decision for me since I already bought one bike and didn't want to make the same mistake twice...so I read more and more and finally decided to buy the KTM...but that Kawasaki still speaks to me...and the susuki to a lesser degree...I buy my Kawasaki parts from a Yamaha shop and it takes longer but I hate dealing with shops that give me headaches and have poor customer service. In the end you should go with your gut...and what bike and dealer make you feel like family and NOT a customer!

Let us know what you get! And how it all turns out:)

I ended up going with the 2012 KX450F. I really like all the adjustments available. Having the proper new bike prep done along with new suspension. Should get it back on Saturday. Thanks for everyones input.

Oh man...your gunna be stoked!!! Those are bad ass bikes...for me it was a KTM or another Kawasaki....congratulations:ride:

Thanks! Where in CA are you located?

What type of riding? If you're just dicking around, the violentness of the Kawi is a blast. If you're on the track, you may appreciate the more subdued power and handling of the Suzuki.

It's been my experience that nothing matches the power of the Kawi. It is just dumb. The Kawi has more features out of the box. Traction control, adjustable peg and bar positions.

Thanks! Where in CA are you located?

I'm a Sandiego native from the south bay area...road and raced Carlsbad in the 90's when I was in the Marine Corps and stationed near home...we used to have loads of canyons to ride in but over development has really taken it's toll on us....we still have lots of track ridding but it's hardly the same.

Enjoy that new Kawasaki:smirk: I have a 2011 250 KX and it's a great bike...I have owned equal amount of Yamaha and Honda's in the 80's and 90's all two strokes....I have a KTM 450 sxf and it's one hell of a machine...the new Kawasaki's are just bad ass...see lots of guys doing quite well here on them so I'm sure you will be stoked:banana:

kilo

I'm a Sandiego native from the south bay area...road and raced Carlsbad in the 90's when I was in the Marine Corps and stationed near home...we used to have loads of canyons to ride in but over development has really taken it's toll on us....we still have lots of track ridding but it's hardly the same.

Enjoy that new Kawasaki:smirk: I have a 2011 250 KX and it's a great bike...I have owned equal amount of Yamaha and Honda's in the 80's and 90's all two strokes....I have a KTM 450 sxf and it's one hell of a machine...the new Kawasaki's are just bad ass...see lots of guys doing quite well here on them so I'm sure you will be stoked:banana:

kilo

I too owned several 2 strokes through out the 90's and in early 2000's. Had RM's and CR's. Liked them both for their own specific riding characteristics. This is my first 4 stroke and I did choose the Kawi for them simple fact of all the adustments from the factory.

I'm in Ventura County. If your ever in the Gorman or Cal city area and want someone to ride with, send a message. I ride the Piru and I-5 tracks as well....:bonk: