Sign in to follow this  

2012 SX stock graphics

Has anyone removed the stock graphics from a 2012 KTM 250SX? If so how did you do it? Need help. Stock graphics almost seem to be indented into the plastic.

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Good question..looks like maybe they are embeded intop the plastic or something.

I took mine off and bought white plastiic...but I wouldnt mind knowing how they do it?

is this the same for the backgrounds? so if you need a different colour you have to stick them over the top of the original backgrounds?

I have only tried messing with the air box decals so far. The shrouds seem like they might be more "normal" and not "inmolded". I was able to get one of the airbox decals mostly off (heat gun and goof off) but I think it would have been smarter to just try to put the new graphics over the existing air box decals.

If anyone has put new graphics on a 2012 model would really appreciate your feedback.

that sounds like a lot of effort to change backgrounds. i think you're probably right it might just be easier to go over the top.

Yep that is the best I think. I ordered new air box covers and shrouds. Will keep the stock ones as is, except for the one air box cover I messed with. Shoulda posted before I started. Lesson learned.