Sign in to follow this  

08 Motor locked up

Got 6 miles into a harescramble and all of a sudden my bike kind of sputtered once and the just locked down the rear wheel. Kickstarter is frozen as well, bike has a new piston kit and timing chain, valves checked which were in spec only about 8-10hrs ago. Any ideas of where to start first?

Just start ripping the motor apart only way you can realy tell ..but my guess would be a rod bearing .. Side to side play is oke but up and down is bad.

ive the big end bearing fail before and seize, did almost exactly what you described your bike did, luckily it did not manage to damage anything, replaced the crank, put everything back together and kept riding

sounds like a rod bearing........

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!! I tore it down the other day and sure enough it was the rod bearing, ordered a new Wiseco crank kit and some tools to get the job done. Did some maintenance and cleaning while I had her apart, got her all put back together and running great. :bonk:

rod bearing or main crank bearing??? If it was a rod bearing you're lucky it didn't blow the rod off the crank into the cases like mine did :bonk:

How many hrs are on the crank?

It was the crank bearing, no idea how many hours were on it. I bought it used, and when I tore it down to replace piston it had a Pro-X in it so must have had a decent amount of hours. We totally went through bike from top to bottom and regreased everything, adjusted all cables and cleaned up card etc. Bike runs like a top, I love green!!!