Sign in to follow this  

Maintenance DVD, still being made?

Hello all,

After looking at all of the videos on Jim Snell's website and 2Ply's links to the 2003 (or so) DVD files I am wondering if there has been any changes/updates to the Gas Gas maintenance DVD? I got a copy of the Gas Gas DVD from Jack's but it only had the user's manual and parts list that I'd already gotten from the GG Spain website.

What I wondering is if the new bikes are coming with an updated DVD. For instance:

Gas_Gas_005.jpg

The DVD on the left is the one in question. The one on the right contains the user's manual and parts list on PDF. Anyone with insight on this?

If anyone has a copy of the new DVD I'd be interested in getting a copy. I wrote Jim and he directed me to Dale. Never heard back from Dale and haven't deemed to bother him with a phone call. Thought I would check here before I bugged the importer (who has been very nice to me in the past).

Thanks in advance.

Other than some vids on about the reiger shock and how to kick start trials bikes, the guts of the DVD have not been updated as far as I know.

Any tech info that requires updates are on the tech page in the continously updated document: GASGAS Pro Engine Technical Bulletin UPDATED JUNE. 08 2010

Thanks laser, that's what I was expecting. I was really hoping there was a way to get a factory service manual like I have for my other bikes. The DVD seemed like it might be the closest thing going.

The DVD was a personal creation from Importer Dale Malasek as an super nice extra for us. It was not a Gas Gas standard factory thing. Dale used to have a side business following and video taping the World Rounds and then selling the tapes under the business name of Action Video. I was one of his videographers.

That is how he came to know and acquire the Importership for the USA by constantly rubbing shoulders with the World Round riders and factory people. I guess when things were slow in the early days, he had more time to work with Jim Snell in making the DVDs.

When Dale stopped the video business, Ian Smith took over with his Trials-TV web site and business. I was also one of his videographers. But after building an electric Trials Bike for his 2 year old Son Oliver, a new business sprung up and now we have the OSET company. And now, you know.... "The Rest of the Story" (ala Paul Harvey) :busted: More than you ever wanted to know.... right?

It would be nice to see a new version soon or at least a version covering only the things that are unique to the newer bikes. But Jim too is a busy man and if you have ever tried to create a semi-professional video, you'll know how much work it is. :busted:

I too have been looking for a factory service manual. Something that lists the torque specs for everything. All my other bikes/vehicles have a manual that has a list of bolt torque specs but so far I have found nothing for the Gasser. Kinda makes me nervous tightening things down on it for fear of over tightening them or not getting them tight enough. Plus I dont like diving into a project blind. O well guess thats just another part of the world of seatless motos called trials bikes :busted:

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

Have a look at this link and input your year/type and it will bring you to a page with the user manual, which has the torque specs in the back. For my 2008, the specs are on page 40. The link also has the exploded view with the parts listing.

I'm with you though, a factory service manual would be nice. I'm guessing that they are either very rare or do not exist. Probably the former rather than the later.

I too have been looking for a factory service manual. Something that lists the torque specs for everything. All my other bikes/vehicles have a manual that has a list of bolt torque specs but so far I have found nothing for the Gasser. Kinda makes me nervous tightening things down on it for fear of over tightening them or not getting them tight enough. Plus I dont like diving into a project blind. O well guess thats just another part of the world of seatless motos called trials bikes :busted:

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals.html

Have a look at this link and input your year/type and it will bring you to a page with the user manual, which has the torque specs in the back. For my 2008, the specs are on page 40. The link also has the exploded view with the parts listing.

I'm with you though, a factory service manual would be nice. I'm guessing that they are either very rare or do not exist. Probably the former rather than the later.

Thanks for the link :busted:

But I have been there but the only thing available for my 2001 TXT 280 is the parts list. If somebody has the manual saved I would love to have it :busted:

I popped the video question to the man responsible for the Gas Gas DVD today and he said they might make another when there are more significant changes, but for now, they are going to try and make some shorter ones as needed for specific items that require completely different procedures.

So check the TrialsPartsUSA page for new videos from time to time